Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Kids Say and Do the Darnedest Things

I used to keep a journal of all the funny things Ben said and did when he was little. Then cute Hailey came along and life got busier and I rarely kept my funny kid journal anymore. Now I try to put little notes of funny things in my phone so I can keep track of them. Here are the last few months of funny kid things:
6/27 Eliza is on the roll again! She rolled over from 3 weeks to about 6 weeks and then she chunked up and wasn't able to roll anymore. But, she learned to roll over from her belly to her back again. I think she learned how to do it just because she hated her tummy time!
7/5 Hailey was playing with a toy gun and running around the room saying "I'm going to shoot you Eliza". Ben was playing by himself in the other room and yelled "DON'T SHOOT MY BABY!" It was so funny because Ben was so serious, and wanting to protect Eliza. Ben and Eliza have a special bond. Ben can make Eliza laugh by just looking at her, and he loves to make her happy.
7/8 Hailey likes to "read" me books. Ben has learned how to read, so we are always practicing. Hailey has picked up on it, and sounds out words while she pretends to read. She makes up great stories to whatever picture book she is looking at. Hailey read me books before her nap. She chose Cinderella. Hailey's version included the song "If your happy and you know it" and a stepsister that let Cinderella go to the ball. I love my cute smart Hailey.
7/12 Ben's friend Isabelle was playing at our house. Ben asked Isabelle "Do you know what a galaxy is? It is lots of planets and stars together. Do you know where we live? We live in the galaxy milk!" I asked him where he learned about galaxy's and he said he learned part at preschool and part from Super Mario Galaxy 2 Wii game. Got to love the Wii!
7/16 I was working and I got a call from Ben. He was talking super fast, and I couldn't understand all that he said. But I did understand that he and Mike had broken something and he was very sorry and wanted to tell me the truth. It was so cute! When I got the whole story I found out that Mike and Ben were having a butt-kicking contest, whatever that is, and broke this little wood sign of mine. Mike asked Ben if they should tell me that a bird flew in the window and broke the sign. Ben said no, trust is something you can't break, we need to tell mommy the truth. Then Mike asked Ben if kids always tell the truth. Ben said that mommy's and daddy's always tell the truth and kids tell the truth most of the time. Berenstain Bears books teach again!
7/21 Eliza was having tummy time and she kept rolling over onto her back. Ben was very upset and said "Eliza is supposed to be doing belly time not rolling over time, she is breaking all the rules!" Gotta love my Ben that always follows the rules!
7/25 Ben got passed a note from a cute girl Cierra in his church class. She had worked on it all through sacrament meeting. It had a little envelope with a heart drawn on it and a note inside. It said Ben I like you, do you like me? It had two boxes to check; one if Ben liked her, and one box if Ben wanted to be friends. Here we go!

3 comments:

  1. Kids say the funniest stuff! My SIL has a jar that she keeps in the kitchen with scraps of paper in it so that when kids say something funny you can write it down and put it in the jar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete