Saturday, July 16, 2011

Brighton Hike



True weekend warrior fashion, after the Tour de Donut we headed up the canyon to do the Lake Solitude hike.  We picked up my cousin Amanda, who came with us for fun and to also help with the kids.  We met the Bower family and had a great picnic lunch before we started the hike.  Amanda and the girls (Hailey and Caelie) hung out most of the time and were great hiking buddies.  I was amazed at how great the kids did on the hike!  I thought Ben would be too worn out after his race, but he cruised up the mountain like all the other kids.  Eliza enjoyed hiking, and Mike and I took turns carrying her so she didn't have to walk the whole time.  Jon and Lynette took turns carrying cute little Simon who was only a couple months old.  The kids enjoyed running after squirrels when we made it to the lake.  It was a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment