The first and second grade classes at Ben's school celebrated Chinese New Year with a Chinese assembly. I took Hailey and Eliza with me. We all enjoyed hearing the kids recite a story and sing Chinese songs. After the kids were done preforming a Chinese Dragon came through the crowd and the kids loved that. The assembly was about an hour and the students did about 15-20 minutes of it. After they were done the principal got up and talked for the rest of the time about a trip she had made to China the previous year and showed her pictures. Some of it was interesting, but as a parent I would have rather seen more of the kids!
Ben loves learnning Chinese and is doing amazing. He can count to any number, he knows lots of different songs, he know how to read and draw a lot of Chinese symbols. I am so glad he is in this program it is such a great opportunity. It is so crazy to think he will be fluent in Chinese by the time he is done with High School. He still tells everyone he is going to China on his mission, and I hope he does! What is even crazier is that Hailey will be learning Chinese in 2 years, I'll have 2 little Chinese talkers in my house!

No comments:
Post a Comment