Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend Motorcycle Fun

We were able to head out to the Pony Express trail in the west desert for some off-road motorcycling. Mike was getting in late Friday night from D.C., so Mikes parents came and got Hailey and Ben and they headed out for some camping in the desert. We have taken Ben motorcycle riding since he was tiny. We told him he would be going to camp in the desert overnight. On the way to the camp sight, Ben was asking grandma and papa where all of the sand, cactus, pyramids, and camels were. I guess he thought he was going to the Egyptian desert. They had a fun night sleeping in the Utah desert, and then we drove out with Eliza Saturday morning. We had so much fun motorcycle riding. Ben and Hailey couldn't get enough rides with their dad.

I love Hailey's motorcycle riding outfit, this is so her! Girly, but loved every second of riding with dad.

One of the great entertainment of the day was searching for colored bb's. Ben decided he needed a bird's eye view, so climbed up this tree to find more bb's. It worked, he actually spotted some from the tree.
Eliza was the only one who wasn't a fan of camping. It was cold, windy, and smoky from the campfire. She was not happy when she was outside! Luckily, we had the motor home to hang out in. I made Mike take the kids on all of their rides. I love motorcycle riding, but am not brave enough to take my kids yet.

This BB gun is Mike's Fathers Day present. He got it a little early, but we had fun with it.

2 comments:

  1. How fun!! I haven't tried taking my kids camping yet. You guys are brave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Looks like you guys had a great time. I can't believe how big Eliza is getting, they grow up to fast :( She is so cute.

    ReplyDelete