Friday, June 18, 2010

Father's Day Sleepover Fun


Every summer we sleep over in tents in my parents backyard and watch a movie on the back of their house. This year we combined our sleepover fun with Father's Day and my mom's birthday! It was such a fun night! We had a fabulous BBQ dinner, and everyone opened their great presents! We set up our tent city in the back yard, and the kids had a great time playing in them. Jacob joined us this year, and even set up his own tent in our backyard. Hopefully he had fun at our crazy family traditions. At dark we started the movie Up on the back of the house. Aly made her famous "sticky popcorn" and we had a great time watching the movie. Everyone headed for their tents to sleep and I took the long 3 minute journey home to sleep in my bed, and Eliza slept in her crib. Mike and Hailey were sleeping on our air mattress and half way through the night the mattress was half blown up and it was flat by the time they woke up. So Mike got little sleep, but as always Ben who can sleep anywhere slept great!

I love celebrating the father's in my life. Thanks dad for all that you do and all that you have done throughout my life. Having little children makes me more grateful for all of the camping and other adventures you took us to. I'm grateful for the example you set. Thanks Mike for being the most fabulous father to our children. Our kids adore Mike, and he is the perfect hands on dad! We also got to go to dinner with Mikes family on Sunday. I am thankful for my father-in-law and all he is willing to do for our family and children. I love all the father's in my life! Happy Father's Day!


Tent City

Watching the movie UP

Best Dad in the World!
(with a great glow-hat)

3 comments:

  1. I love our campouts! It was fun to see your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! That is such a great tradition!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best dad in the world to you, is the best brother in the world to me!!

    ReplyDelete